New COVID-19 Office Update: At this time, you no longer need to call our office prior to entering for your appointment. A Covid screening form will be emailed and texted to all patients prior to arriving for their appointment. At this time we are also no longer taking temperatures upon patient arrival. Thank you for your cooperation!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and we are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
As you may have noticed during your visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority. Our infection control processes are designed so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We would like to take a moment to tell you about the infection control procedures we employ to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations put forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We monitor all updates to stay abreast of new rulings or guidelines that are issued. This ensures our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. Due to these updated guidelines you will see our staff wearing extra protective equipment including gowns and gloves. In an effort to protect our patients and staff, we have made some changes around the office. These changes include:
- A new Patient Screening Form to ask questions regarding COVID-19. This will be done over the phone and when you arrive in the office.
- Covid screening form will be emailed and texted to all patients prior to arriving for their appointment. At this time we are no longer taking temperatures upon patient arrival.
- Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter and you will be asked to sanitize your hands. You will also find bottles available throughout the office. Please use these often to maintain clean hands.
- Your temperature will be taken when you first arrive at the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult or impossible to disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This may mean different time options for scheduling your appointment.
We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area.
These steps are being taken to keep you safe in our office, as we are wholeheartedly committed to supporting our team, families, patients, and the greater community. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
The Academy Dental Care Team